This compact, easy to mount, all-weather 2.1 amp USB Power Port is the answer for powering and charging your TABLETS, cell phones, smart phones, most GPS units, MP3 players and some digital cameras. It mounts easily to any panel up to 3/4” thick. A removable/replaceable seal cap protects the power port from dust and water. The co-extruded cable jacket ensures a robust installation on any vehicle. USB cable connection is all-weather when used with a 3BR Powersports’ patented TAPP CAPPed cable.
• Input Voltage: 12V ± 4.0V
• USB (Output) Voltage: 5V ±.25V
• Output Current: 2.1A Max
• Quiescent Current (no load current): 35mA (0.035A)3
• Protection Rating: IP64 (Water wash down) when capped or when TAPP CAPPed USB cable is plugged in. None when a standard USB Cable is plugged in
• Cable tower is the same shape as TAPP and TAPP Lite so the same TAPP CAPPed cables can be used on all three. No need to have separate cables if both universal mount and panel mount TAPPs are installed on the same vehicle
• Operating Temperature Range: 0°F to 122°F (-15°C to 50°C)
• Cable Jacket: Co-extruded over UL rated wire. Abrasion resistant, UL/CSA listed, meets Mil-I-631D, -40°F to 221°F
• Compact waterproof cable connector behind panel simplifies installation
• Cable length: 6ft (2M)
• Electrical protection: Splash proof ATC fuse holder with 7.5A fuse; internal auto-resetting fuse, internal auto over-temp power control, diode protected against inadvertent reverse polarity.
• Wire Terminals: Crimp/Solder .25” Ring (battery screw size)
• Seal Cap: Removable/Replaceable Brulloy™
• Fully threaded body allows mounting in any panel thickness up to ¾” (19mm)
• Panel nut is easily finger tightened
• Installation kit includes the Panel TAPP, Seal Cap, Panel Nut, cable ties, and Posi-Tap™ connector for easy connection to vehicle electrical system.
• US Patent 7,914,306
1. Will not charge Samsung or ASUS tablets which require proprietary chargers.
2. Blackberry devices and Casio G’zOne Commando phones require a special charging cable.
3. TAPP quiescent current (power consumption with no load) will drain a small motorcycle battery in as little as three to five days if connected directly to the battery. It is recommended that TAPP be connected to a switched power source to prevent battery drain when the vehicle is not running.
A Posi-Tap™ tap connector supplied in the installation kit makes a robust connection to the vehicle electrical system quick and easy.