This compact, easy to mount, all-weather 2.1 amp USB Power Port is the answer for powering and charging your USB devices including TABLETS, cell phones, smart phones, most GPS units, MP3 players and some digital cameras. It mounts easily to any surface using the patented Universal Mounting System. A removable/replaceable seal cap protects the power port from dust and water. An integrally molded cable strain relief and co-extruded cable jacket ensures a robust installation on any vehicle. USB cable connection is all-weather when used with a 3BR Powersports’ patented TAPP CAPPed cable. You can even power your Garmin GPS (Nuvi, Oregon, Dakota, Montana and more) with a specially designed 3BR Powersports Garmin TAPP CAPP USB Cable
Easily mount the USB port end of the TAPP Power Port Cable in the perfect location with the included universal mounting system. When not in use, protect the USB port from dust and water with the included tethered seal cap.Specifications:
TAPP CAPP and Panel CAPP Details:
- Input Voltage: 12V ± 4.0V
- USB (Output) Voltage: 5V ±.25V
- Output Current: 2.1A Max.
- Protection Rating: IP64 (Water wash down) when capped or when TAPP CAPPed USB cable is plugged in. None when a standard USB Cable is plugged in.
- Operating Temperature Range: 0°F to 125°F (-15°C to 50°C)
- Cable Jacket: Co-extruded over UL rated wire. Abrasion resistant, UL/CSA listed, meets Mil-I-631D, -40°F to 221°F
- Cable length: 6ft (2M)
- Electrical protection: Splash proof ATC fuse holder with 7.5A fuse; internal auto-resetting fuse, internal auto over-temp power control, diode protected against inadvertent reverse polarity.
- Wire Terminals: Crimp/Solder .25” Ring (battery screw size)
- Seal Cap: Removable/Replaceable
- Mounting: 3BR Powersports Universal Mounting System
- Same form factor as TAPP Lite™ makes upgrade easy
- Powers: Most cell phones including Apple iPhone, LG EnV, Blackberry, & Motorola Razr (requires charging cable). Also Garmin GPS, Apple iPod, and any other device that charges using 2.1A or less of USB power.
TAPP CAPP and Panel CAPP are 3BR Powersports patented seal caps that provide weatherproof protection to any USB cable when plugged into a TAPP (TAPP CAPP) or Panel TAPP (Panel CAPP) USB power port. TAPP CAPP and Panel CAPP are resistant to dust, water splash, spray and even heavy water washdown.
TAPP CAPP and Panel CAPP are molded from the same rugged Brulloy rubber that is used on our Baryl power jacks and plugs. Brulloy is a true MP rubber, not a thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) such as polyurethane. Whereas TPEs must be specially treated to resist environmental damage, Brulloy is inherently resistant to ozone, UV, grease, and oil. It can withstand service temperatures from -130° to 225°F (-90° to 107°C)!