The video is designed for the 1994-2006 R1100/1150 Series BMWs
The video covers all of the following categories, and is designed to allow you to complete all the requirements for maintaining your bike to BMW specifications. It is designed for ALL 1100 and 1150 series motorcycles, which includes the GS/RS/RT and R1100/1150R bikes though some items are specific to the R1150GS since that is what was used during filming. The GS Specific items have been noted below. Other items might have some steps that are slightly different (like having to remove a skidplate during an oil change) since the bike used for filming was a GS
- Removing Gas Tank ( GS Specific )
- Fuel Tank Install ( GS Specific )
- Fuel Filter Change
- Air Filter Change
- Changing the Oil
- Changing the Final Drive Gear Oil
- Valve Adjustment (Difference from the R1200)
- Brake Bleeding, NON-Servo system
- Replace Alternator Belt
- Throttle Body Sync
- Spoke Checking Procedure
Included in the DVD is a list of necessary tools, supplies and torque specifications to complete all the listed services. There are also many helpful tips and notes to make this as simple as possible.
What is not included, since they were self explanatory and already in the owners manual, was how to check your oil, tires, and lights.
Also, if you have reasonable skills, and can accomplish the engine oil change, this DVD will give you the rest of what you need with the exception of step-by-step valve cover removal and installation, though the basics ARE covered.
This DVD can save you hundreds of dollars right away because:
- The BMW tool to remove and install the alternator belt is about $40. This DVD teaches you how to do it with tools you probably already have, saving you money right away!
- A typical 6K service will run you around $300-450, depending on location. The brake bleed alone can run as high as $400.
The DVD should assist those of you on the fence in deciding you CAN do these expensive services yourself, and save money for those all important farkles, and gas for riding!
Note: Covered Motorcycle(s)
2001-2004 R1100/1150GS Adventure***
2000-2005 R1100S ***
If your bike is an 1100S, 1150, or R1200C/CL, with the Servo-ABS system, you will require the R1200 BMW R1200 36K Maintenance Video
to accomplish the brake flush if you wish to do it!