The DVD was designed around the R1200 series BMW from 04-06. It is still technically accurate for up to the 09 R1200GS and 2010 R1200RT/ST/R/S.
The video covers all of the following categories, and is designed to allow you to complete all the requirements for maintaining your bike to BMW specifications. It is designed for ALL R1200 series motorcycles (Not including the R1200 cruisers), though some items are specific to the R1200GS since that is what was used during filming. The GS Specific items have been noted below. Other items might have some steps that are slightly different (like having to remove a skidplate during an oil change) since the bike used for filming was a GS
- Removing Gas Tank ( GS Specific )
- Changing the Oil
- Replace the Transmission Fluid
- Changing the Final Drive Gear Oil
- Valve Adjustment
- Air Filter Change
- Brake Bleeding, servo-ABS system
- Replace Alternator Belt
- Fuel Tank Install ( GS Specific )
- Fault Code Read
- Throttle Body Sync
- Miscellaneous Checks
Included in the DVD is a list of necessary tools, supplies and torque specifications to complete all the listed services. There are also many helpful tips and notes to make this as simple as possible.
What is not included, since they were self explanatory and already in the owners manual, was how to check your oil, tires, and lights.
This DVD can save you hundreds of dollars right away because:
- The tool to remove and install the alternator belt is nearly $150. teach you how to do it with no special tools, a savings of $125 right there!
- A typical 6K service will run you around $300-450, depending on location. The brake bleed alone can run as high as $400.
The DVD should assist those of you on the fence in deciding you CAN do these expensive services yourself, and save money for those all important farkles, and gas for riding!