This accessory manager let's you easily add & configure accessories without cutting any wires. It empowers you to easily fit additional lights, an air horn, accessories & emergency brake lights - making the bike safer to ride.
Simplify adding electrical components to your motorcycle and customize their functions with the HEX ezCAN accessory manager for your liquid cooled BMW R1200GS, R1200GS Adventure, R1200RS, R1200R and R1200RT. This device is ready to power left and right auxiliary lights on individual, high power, 10 amp continuous to 25 amp peak output circuits as well as an auxiliary brake light and accessory power on separate, low power, 4 amp output.
All you need to do is install the ezCAN under your seat with the included Velcro, route and connect the pre-connected battery cables, plug the ezCAN into the motorcycle CAN-Bus with the factory type connectors and plug your accessories into the four color coded outputs. Since this unit listens directly to the factory CAN-Bus system, there is no need to install extra switches for your auxiliary lights or horn as the ezCAN interprets commands from your motorcycle’s existing controls, including the rotary Multi Controller ("Wunder wheel") adjacent to the left switch cluster.
With the free, downloadable, MAC or Windows PC compatible HEX ezCAN software, you can also modify your setup with your computer via a waterproof USB connection to modify which devices receive high or low power, power an auxiliary horn as well and control the functionality of your auxiliary lighting, brake lights, or accessories to meet your needs and preferences. Put the “can” into adding powered equipment your motorcycle’s CAN-Bus system with the feature rich ezCAN Accessory Manager by HEX Code.
Please Note: This product cannot be shipped to an address outside of North America.
The downloadable Mac and Windows PC versions of the HEX ezCAN software allows configuration and mapping of the 4 color coded output channels.
The red and orange high power output channels as well as the yellow and white low power output channels can each be independently mapped with one of 3 function combinations.
Function mapping combinations:
- Default setting of high power left Auxiliary Light, high power right Auxiliary Light, low power Auxiliary Brake Light and low power Accessory Power
- Optional setting of high power Auxiliary Horn, high power Accessory Power, low power left Auxiliary Light and low power right Auxiliary Light
- Optional setting of high power Auxiliary Horn, high power left and right side Auxiliary Lights on splitter, low power Auxiliary Brake Light and low power Accessory Power
With the configuration software, each function is highly customizable with plenty of options to ensure your safety and preference needs are met.
Auxiliary Light function options include:
- Fuse setting
- Low beam daytime brightness control
- Low beam night time brightness control
- High beam daytime brightness control
- High beam night time brightness control
- Off when turn signal active option - turns the corresponding auxiliary lights off when a turn signal is active to prevent washout of the turn signal
- Strobe when horn active option - strobes auxiliary lights when horn is active
- Strobe on "flash to pass" option - strobes auxiliary lights 3 times when flash to pass is activated by pressing high beam 3 times quickly
- Inverse flashing when hazards active option - flashes hazards and auxiliary lights alternately to prevent washout of the hazard flashers
- Auxiliary lighting flash intensity control
All Auxiliary Lights can be toggled on or off by holding the turn signal cancel button for 3 seconds and brightness can also be controlled by the BMW Multicontroller or "Wonder Wheel" at any time.
Auxiliary Brake Light function options include:
- Fuse setting
- Auxiliary rear light brightness
- Auxiliary brake light brightness
- No flashing option - standard brake lighting
- Flash on braking option - auxiliary brake light flashes under any active braking
- California legal flashing option - auxiliary brake light flashes 4 times at 4Hz then remains on during active braking
- Emergency stop signal option - auxiliary brake light flashes during deceleration regardless of braking
- California legal with Emergency Stop Signal option - combination of California legal when braking and Emergency Stop Signal during non braking deceleration
Accessory Power function options include:
- Fuse setting
- Delay time-out settings
- Download and install the Mac or Windows PC software here
- Mount the ezCAN under your motorcycle's pillion seat
- Route and connect the negative and positive battery wires to your motorcycle's battery
- Plug the ezCAN into the RDC control connection on your motorcycle's CAN-bus, either in-line or capped
- Connect your electronic accessories to the four color coded output connections
- Configure the ezCAN based on your needs and preferences
- Waterproof and dust-proof
- Single switch control of devices
- Enables additional safety features
- Will not void warranty
- Plugs into and is compatible with existing CAN-Bus system
- Configurable via USB with Mac and PC software
- 4 output channels with fuse protection
- Waterproof micro USB connector
- Battery connection with fuse
- 2 CAN-Bus connectors for in line connecting
- 2 high power outputs (10A continuous / 25A max 20 seconds)
- 2 low power outputs (4A continuous)
- Device measures 2.2in long by 1.2in wide by 0.6in thick
- HEX ezCAN device
- Micro USB cable
- Two Velcro strips
- Four cable ties
- Four stub connectors
- Two blank connectors
- BMW R1200GS LC '13-'18
- BMW R1200GS LC Adventure '14-'18
- BMW R1200RS '15-'18
- BMW R1200R '15-'18
- BMW R1200RT '14-'18